Great so you’ve finally created your online profile, and you’ve started to wade through the hundreds of online profiles, chosen a few and started to go out on a few dates. You’ve started to see communicate with someone online.
Guess what, just like regular real-world relationships, online relationships need tending, to grow over time.
Here are some quick tips for growing your online dating relationships :
- Take time and make time. Does your online date get in touch with you regularly? Do you do the same? Neglecting virtual meetings can be considered abuse or neglect, so treat each other’s time with respect. If it’s lacking, might mean time to move on.
- Communication needs to “feel” right for both of you. If one of you is too pushy about meeting, for instance, that can give off bad vibes. So don’t rush. Take time to learn more about each other and develop trust.
- Respect each others privacy. Don’t share personal email addresses or digital photos online, for example, if your online date sent you the information in confidence.
- Share special online and offline fun times.
- Online – send greeting cards, links to favorite places to upload digital photos of your favorite pet, download music and video clips, post on favorite forums of interest.
- Offline- if you’re exchanging addresses or post office boxes, send print greeting cards and postcards, small items from your area (like a key chain with your state bird).
Just like a garden, you need to tend your online relationship. Water it with care and over time it can sprout and grow.